Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Week 1: EOC

My name is Elaine Talens and I'm a photojournalist student. I have been in the photography business for almost 2 years and have done some projects of my own. Though currently, I have been a part of a photography team called, Our Digital Studio, also known as, ODS. Our Digital Studio business is located in Stockton, California. It is a family business that is lead by my cousin and his fiance teamed along side with a family friend. ODS specializes in Wedding and Engagement photography as well as family portraiture and events.

When I am not doing any Wedding shoots, I usually hold small portraitures, i.e. for a family, models or just with individuals who wants their photos taken for good purposes during the weekend on an inside and outside location. And I also doing landscapes and nature photography, as well. Though, my deepest desire is to become a photojournalist establishing a documentary photography. " And I understood that documentary photography has the ability to interpret events from a point of view." says, James Nachtwey. I like my photos to have awareness. I love for my images to have stories, but not just a story, but the kind of story that makes people pay attention, especially to their surroundings. I like to bring emotions and at the same time justice to my images. Photographs that can make a difference and a change in people. The kind of photos that gives attention to cause and the critical issues of the world around us. Photos that speaks into the minds and hearts of the people. Traveling places and documenting every necessary events that captures humanitarian act and covering the darkest days of humanity, like those you see in the TIME magazines and LIFE magazines and National Geographic magazines. I want my photos to have importance. I am more interested in truths, than publicity stunts. "Every story does not have to sale something, there's also a time to give." says James Nachtwey.

No comments:

Post a Comment